Thursday, April 28, 2011

Delhi - training patience



One would expect that after having done a lot of Yoga and Meditation I should be able to face almost everything. Well, Delhi is a good place to test patience, resistance, and tolerance. I have never been in a place more crowded, polluted and loud so far, so every small task outside in the heat requires a big amount of will power in order to face the masses trying to communicate with you, mostly in order to make business. I am trying my best to keep friendly and relaxed but sometimes it becomes hard not to loose control and let the pour waiter pay for all the accumulated tension just because he was not able to bring a simple sandwich in one hour ;))) On the other hand this is the place to learn to take things and oneself less seriously and sometimes laugh even in the most annoying and surreal situations.
In the past days I discovered the Delhi Metro as the medium of transport which costs the least amount of nerves. No traffic jams, no honking, just huge crowds of people wanting to feel very close with one and other ;))) Together with a French friend I went to see Humayam´s tomb - the Taj Mahal was based on this building - and walked through Lodi garden …enjoy the pictures.

...if nothing important keeps me from doing so, I will write a closing entry making some kind of balance of the experiences made, things seen and conclusions drawn, so please bare with me for some more time even I am leaving this overwhelming country tonight. See you on the other side…


PS. I published the post about Amrizar 2 minutes ago, so keep reading and check out the photos, you will love them ;)

2 comments:

  1. lieber volker!

    schoen, dass du wieder da bist! deine letzten fotos waren wie jedes mal sehr schoen und beeindruckend! ich freu mich nur noch, deine erzaehlungen jetzt persoenlich zu erleben!!

    bis bald, big hug little sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to civilisation ! :)
    The photos are wonderful !
    I´m kind of going to miss your posts...

    ReplyDelete