Thursday, November 11, 2010

Good morning India!!!

It toke me almost 3 years, but here comes another adventure, another outbreak and my third blog... this time my intention is to write in English only so you have the chance to practice and of course me too! Feel free to comment in the language you feel most comfortable in ;)

I am writing these lines already from New Delhi in my attempt to soften the cultural shock by conquering the city little by little. After a few hours of sleep due to my late night arrival in a very foggy and smoggy atmosphere I followed my friend Jan´s advice to get up early and buy a train-ticket to the north. It needs a strong will to actually make it there as many people on the street seam to have the objective to distract you and make you walk just the opposite direction of where you actually wanted to go ;) Some were quite inventive trying to make me not find the tourist office inside the train station, but with Tyrolean stubbornness I found the place and bought the ticket for the night train to Rishikesh.

Now I will go outside and get some image material and have my first meal in this country. To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Vlo, wie heisst es immer: Lesen = Abenteuer im Kopf. Fein, dass wir wieder an deinen Abenteuern teilhaben koennen! Bis bald, B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naja, solange du weisst, wer ich bin, passt doch eh alles.

    ReplyDelete